Most pet parents never want to leave their furry friends, but, inevitably, the time comes when you have to take that business trip or go on that family vacation. If you need oversight pet sitting, you have a few options. You could leave your cuddly companions at a family member’s house, but then they’ll have to deal with unfamiliar surroundings, sights, smells, and sounds. Alternatively, you could board your pet at a kennel or vet’s office, where they’ll spend their days behind bars in a cage. The ideal solution is at home pet sitting: an expert caregiver in your home, attending to your pet’s needs in comfortable, familiar surroundings. If you live in or around central Texas, we’re here to provide exceptional pet sitting services near you. Read on to learn more and contact us to schedule your sitter.
Hiring an In Home Pet Sitter: What to Consider
An in home professional pet sitter is clearly the way to go when you need someone to watch your fuzzy sidekick, but not all sitters are created equal. If you’re looking to find a pet sitter online, you should consider the following questions:
- Does the pet sitter have glowing testimonials? The best way to learn more about a specific sitter is to read his or her previous clients’ reviews. You can typically find these on his or her website or social media. For example, many of our professional pet sitters’ satisfied pet owners have left excellent reviews about their experiences.
- Is he or she reliable? You don’t want to deal with a sitter who flakes out hours before your flight. Avoid this nightmare by picking a trustworthy pro. Furthermore, working with a business that employs multiple pet sitters, like ours, can help safeguard you from this scenario.
- Does the sitter have the right qualifications? Your pet sitter should be licensed and accredited. Our pet sitters are all professionals with various certifications. They’re highly trained in both CPR and first aid, so they’re prepared to handle any sort of animal emergency.
- Will the sitter stay overnight at home? Nighttime is when your pets usually snuggle up with you in bed. They can get especially lonely if left without anyone at night. It’s much safer and cozier to have the sitter sleep at your home.
- Is he or she familiar with your neighborhood? It’s best to work with a professional who understands your local area. A person who lives and works nearby will know where the parks, veterinarians, and dog stores are.
- Does the sitter work with a reputable local business? Working with an established company offer numerous advantages. In addition to ensuring that there will be someone to sit your pet, businesses such as ours offer a full suite of services. For example, our team offers both dog walking and pet sitting, as well as a variety of other amenities.
- Does he or she work with cats and dogs? Your professional pet sitter should be familiar with the needs of all of your pets, if you have both canine and feline companions.
- Does the sitter offer long-term services? If you plan to be gone for longer than a couple weeks, it’s good to know that your pet sitter regularly stays for extended periods with pets.
Are you looking for an outstanding professional pet sitter with years of experience, expert certification, and more? Our team members fit this description.
Advantages of At Home Pet Sitting
There are myriad benefits to this system. With our in home cat and dog sitting service, you can:
- Enjoy excellent prices. We provide high-end service at or below average rates to make in home pet sitting a possibility for everyone. Contact us to learn more about our fees.
- Go on the vacation you’ve always wanted without worrying or feeling guilty. We specialize in vacation pet sitting.
- Trust that our professionals will understand and cater to your pet’s needs. We work with all breeds of cats and dogs, including exotic types. Many of our team members have vet tech or vet nurse experience.
Pet Sitting FAQs:
Is long term pet sitting better than a kennel?
Definitely. Your pet will be much more comfortable staying in your own home rather than being stuck in a small, enclosed space for most of the day.
Does pet sitting include walking or grooming services?
It absolutely can! We offer a wide range of services, including mobile pet grooming, nail trimming, dog walking, teeth cleaning, and more. We’d be delighted to pamper your pet in many ways.
Should I tip a pet sitter?
It is not necessary but it is absolutely appreciated. You can always add 15 to 20 percent to our rates to give your thanks for a job well done.
Do You Need a Professional Pet Sitter?
Are you pondering: “is there a professional pet sitter in my area?” Chances are, we can help you! Contact us today to learn more about our services and schedule your pet sitter. We look forward to meeting you and your beloved pet!